Thank you for stopping by. Here’s (almost) everything you need to know:
1. I eat whatever I want. I know diets work for a lot of people but I’ve never been on a diet and have no interest in trying one. I try to eat everything in moderation and I do my best to make sure I eat enough fresh fruit and vegetables. I will never, ever turn down froyo, a margarita (even the canned variety) or a cupcake.
2. I was never athletic growing up. Sure, I was a dancer up until high school and I participated in marching band (we had to run and do pushups and stuff) but I never participated in any official high school or college sports. I’ve been an on and off again runner since college and started taking running a little more seriously last year. I also started taking spinning on a regular basis a year ago and it’s one of my favorite gym classes ever. Next step: Buy a road bike.
3. I love to travel. Didn’t really get to it growing up so I guess I’m making up for lost time. I’m always planning my next adventure and have a hard time saying no if it involves a trip.
4. I ran my first 5k, half marathon and marathon in 2012. Now that my first races are over with, I’d like to focus on getting a little bit faster. I’ll always be an average runner but it’s always fun to crush your PR.
5. I’m originally from Florida. I really miss the year-round sunshine and living next to the beach, although I will say Seattle is gorgeous in the summer. Hello, mountains!
6. I’m married. Almost been married for 8 years now to a guy I met in high school. Often referred to as “the husband” or DH on this blog.
7. I love meeting new people. If you’re new to my blog, please drop me a line and say hello. Feel free to follow me on Twitter as well: rebeccaontherun. If you’re in the Seattle area, let’s meet up 🙂